Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teach Like a Champion Tuesday



Hello!  Beth and I decided it would be great to start highlighting some different strategies from the book "Teach Like a Champion".  If you have not read this book, you need to put it on your must read book list!  It has some amazing (yet simple) strategies to use in your classroom to help it run a bit more smoothly.  This past year, we worked on implementing four of the Teach Like a Champion strategies into our staff development time and then during our observations, our principal was looking to see these in action. 

Today, I want to highlight SLANT!  Slant stands for:
S: Sit Up
L: Listen
A: Ask and Answer Questions
N: Nod Your Head
T: Track the Speaker

This is a simple yet very useful tool to use in the classroom.  My goal this year is to start from the beginning of the year and it will become habit before long and this way I know that I have will the full attention from my students (and it didn't take much time to get them attentive).

Check out this website for more detailed information: http://daviskm2psy3010.wordpress.com/slant-strategy-three/

I have attached a FREEBIE SLANT poster that Beth made for our staff this year!



Photobucket

5 comments :

  1. I have heard of SLANT. I like this poster! I just found your blog through 3rd Grade Theatrics! Now following!

    cheryllhoff@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog on from 3rd Grade Theatrics 100 followers giveaway! I am your newest follower!

    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like the poster and I'm happy you found us through 3rd Grade Theatrics. Thanks so much for following us. Beth and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE fan of Teach like a Champion! In fact, I **just** finished re-reading about cold call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poster! I have been reading Teach Like a Champion all summer! It's a "must read"!

    ReplyDelete

01